- Ensure that the minimum charge left in your phone is not less than 30%. Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging. All the antivirus tools should be turned off as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this custom recovery image.
Procedure to Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the Latest Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 Image and Odin from here to your computer and connect your phone to the compute with the help of original USB cable and place this recovery file in your external SD Card and not in the internal memory.
- Disconnect the phone and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the download mod. Download mode in your Galaxy S3 GT I9300 device can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Now, open odin in your computer and connect your phone in the download mode. Once you connect the device, the ID : COM section in odin becomes Blue indicating that the required drivers have been installed and then click on “PDA” to select “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar” file. After selecting the file, click on “Start” to start the process of custom recovery installation.
- You will see a progress bar which will indicate the progress of the custom recovery installation with minutes in Odin. Once the device is restarted and the home screen is shown in your phone, you can disconnect the phone connected from computer.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung Galaxy S III refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully flashed the latest Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 18.104.22.168 Image in your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.