Procedure to Update Galaxy SL I9003 with Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware package from here along with the Google Apps Package to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place these files in your device.
- Make sure that you are not placing the zip files deep into the sub folders. Once placed, disconnect the phone connected from computer and Open the ROM Manager app in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to select the option of “Flash Clock Work mod Recovery” and then once its flashed successfully, select “Reboot into Recovery Mode” option in ROM Manager.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Resurrection Remix firmware package which you have placed in the device along with the Google Apps Package. It will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and you will be prompted to enter the Google Account and Wi Fi Settings. Please note that if you face any force close errors, then enter the device in the recovery mode and select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache.
- To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you can navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the details as shown in the below screen capture.
Note: If at all your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003.