How to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- This update can only be applied on the International version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 model and not on any of the network locked devices. Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the instructions.
- Up next, download the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps for Galaxy Nexus I9250 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your Galaxy Nexus.
- Disconnect the phone and turn off your Nexus so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “install zip from sd card”> > “choose zip from internal sd card” to select the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps zip package placed in your device.
- Once the firmware is updated, the device will be rebooted and then all you need to do is to select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go you have now successfully learnt on how you can upgrade your Galaxy Nexus I9250 with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware.