- Download the Pre Rooted XXALJ1 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with Odin flash tool. Extract both of these packages in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Note 2 device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Once you connect your device, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow or Bluish green depending upon the Odin version indicating that all the required drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed with the next step.
- Click on “PDA” to select “N7000XXLRQ_N7000DBTLRQ_N7000XXLRK_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on Start to start the process of firmware update for updating the firmware. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will get rebooted and once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and also it may take longer time for the first reboot.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.So there you go you have now successfully upgraded as well as rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.