Procedure to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Value Pack 2.3.6 XXKTL Firmware Update:
- Download the Value Pack XXKTL 2.3.6 Package and Odin Pack for S5660 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and extract the XXKTL Firmware Package contents in your computer, preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- The Galaxy Gio S 5660 can be entered into the download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, in Odin click on “OPS” to select “GIO_v1.0.ops” and then at the bottom of the Odin, click on “One Package” and select “S5660XXKTL_S5660XXKT7_S5660DBTKT1_HOME.tar.md5” file which you have extracted in the initial step.
- Once you have selected the files, click on the “Start” tab to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be restarted. Please note that the whole process might take up to 10 minutes. With the help of the progress bar in your phone, you can track the progress of firmware update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can apply this Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.