Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware XXDLIB:
- Download the XXDLIB Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the firmware zip file and Odin in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. With the help of below mentioned interactive Video tutorial, you can enter your phone in download mode.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your device in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file “I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_I9300XXDLIB_HOME.tar.md5”. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow or else the firmware can’t be applied.
- Once you click on Start, you will see a progress bar which will indicate the progress of the firmware update in your Galaxy S3. It will take round about 5 – 8 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the firmware is update, you will see the home screen in your computer.
- Once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone and head over to the Settings > About Phone where you will find the firmware update details and it should show the firmware version as XXDLIB.
- Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.