Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 750 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLP5 Firmware:
- Download the ICS 4.0.4 XWLP5 Firmware Package & Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now will have to extract both the zip files in your computer. Once extracted, you will have to open the Odin in your computer.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Tab so that it can be then entered in the download mode. The download mode can be entered successfully by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device. Now, select the download mode from the shown option.
- Connect the Galaxy Tab 750 with the help of the USB cable with the computer while the Odin is opened in the computer. Now, once its connected, you will see that ID : COM Section will turn yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been successfully installed in your computer and you are ready to proceed to the next step. In Odin, Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time options & Re-Partition option should be unticked.
- In Odin, Click on “PDA” to select “P7500XWLP5_P7500ODDLP5_P7500XXLQ8_INU_ONLY_HOME.tar.md5” and then proceed to click on “Start”. It will take around 3 – 6 minutes for applying the update and once it’s successfully updated the device will be shown with the Language selection settings etc.
- Please note that in the process of device restart, it may take more than 3 -4 minutes for rebooting the device which is normal as it’s the first time the device is booting after the firmware update.
- Just in case if the device gets any force close errors then you will have to enter the device in the recovery mode and clear the cache and wipe the data. The recovery mode can be entered successfully by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device. Now, select the recovery mode from the shown option.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, once the device is restarted you can check on whether the device has been updated or not from the path “Settings > About Device > Build Number”. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations you have now successfully applied the update in your device.