Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the latest Firmware of R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will now need to connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in your phone.
- Disconnect the device and turn off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware. If the device boots in the normal mode, then you need to retry entering the device in the recovery mode.
- If the phone gets ON in the normal mode then you will have to again retry entering the device in the recovery mode. Alternatively you can also enter the device in the recovery mode via the Clock Work Mod recovery.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then select the R25 Jellybean 4.1.1 AOKP Firmware Zip Package which you have placed in your device. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the same.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, the firmware is successfully applied in your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You can check on whether the firmware update is applied successfully or not from the path “Settings About Phone > Firmware Version”.