- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > KIES Mode”, enable the KIES Mode in your device. Also, ensure that the battery left in the device is at least 40% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Don’t forget to install the drivers from the corresponding links, 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows. As of now this procedure only supports Windows based systems and doesn’t support Mac based computers.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Captivate Glide i927 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool from here to your computer and open the same. Once the tool is downloaded, you now will have to turn off the device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Captivate Glide i927 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + the Power button and then you will see that the device will be booting in the download mode. To get into the download mode, you will now have to press the Volume Up key to confirm the download mode selection.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then assuming that you have opened the downloaded executable file, you will see that the ID : COM section in the executable tool will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update and then it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the firmware is applied successfully, the device will then be rebooted.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.So there you go you have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 firmware update. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone”. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues and we will try out level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 firmware in your device.