Procedure to Update Galaxy SIII GT I9300 with XXDLH4 Jellybean 4.1.1 Update:
- Download the XXDLH4 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Kit from here to your computer. Once downloaded, unzip the same to get the firmware file as well as the Odin tool.
- Open the odin tool in your computer and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the download mode.
- Up next, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the “I9300XXDLH4_I9300OXADLH4_I9300XXLH1_BTU.tar.md5” and also make sure re-partition NOT ticked. Once you have selected the file, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied, device will be restarted and then you will see the language selection options or the country selector option in your Galaxy S3.
- Once it’s done, you will now need to disconnect the device and setup the phone with Google account and Wi Fi settings. If you are getting any force close errors then you need to turn off the device and enter the phone in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing out all the cache data present in your device. Once it’s done, select “reboot system now”.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update which you can check the same from the path “Settings > About phone > Firmware version”. Do let us know your inputs in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.