Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.1.1 XXLBH4 Firmware:
- Download the XXBLG8 and XXBLH4 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device. Ensure that you are not placing these two zip files deep into the sub folders.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing out all the cache data present in your device. Also, you will have to select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware. If the device boots in the normal mode, then you need to retry entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the “XXBLG8 ICS Firmware” followed by which you will have to select the zip file of “XXBLH4 Jelly Bean Firmware” package which you have placed in your device.
- Once the files are selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated successfully, you will now need to again turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing out all the cache data present in your device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go you have now successfully updated your device with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1firmware which you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone”. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean firmware.