Thanks cyanogen, invisiblek, dhacker, cvpcs, puremotive and anyone else i may have forgotton.
How To install CM10 (JellyBean) with a kexec compatible recovery
1. Copy the d2vzw_recovery.img, cm10 rom, and gapps to the root of the internal sd card (not the ext-sd card)
2. download terminal emulator from google play and run it
3. (This will install the k-exec compatible cwm recovery)
(Skip if Recovery is already installed)
type the following commands
dd if=/sdcard/d2vzw_recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 bs=256k
4. Once in the new recovery, make a backup of current stock rom just in case something goes wrong or you dont like it.
5. Wipe data, cache, dalvic cache and install cm10 and gapps reboot.