Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Simplistic Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Simplistic Custom ROM Firmware Package (mirror) from here to your computer. Once downloaded connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in internal memory of your Galaxy S2.
- Disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store to open and select “reboot into recovery mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode automatically. You can also enter the device into the recovery mode with the help of below mentioned step manually.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device. As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, you will get to see the message as “install from sd card completed”, now select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the update has been successfully applied or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the current firmware version as Simplistic Custom ROM firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware update of Simplistic Custom ROM Firmware in your Galaxy S2 smartphone.