Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place these two zip files in your device.
- Once you have placed these two files, disconnect the device from computer to download the “ROM Manager” app from PLAY Store. Open the app and grant the Superuser access by tapping on the “Grant” option.
- Now, from the ROM Manager app, select “Enter into Recovery Mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode or else you can also manually enter the device in the recovery mode by first turning Off the device. Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000G can be entered manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.2 Zip Package and Google Apps Package. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Please note that sometimes it may take more than expected time for updating the same.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.