Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 with XXLD8 Firmware:
- Download the Pre Rooted XXDLI8 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Now, turn off your phone so that the device can be entered in the download mode. The download Mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Now, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow which means that all the drivers in the computer have been installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- In Odin, click on “PDA” to select “tar file which you get after extracting the firmware package” and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, you will then check the same from the path “Settings > Abut Phone” where you can see the firmware version as XXLD8 firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- To check on whether the firmware is rooted or not, you will have to check the same from the application called “Root Checker”. Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check with the same.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of XXLDI8 Firmware Update. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying this firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same. In the coming days we will come up with more such firmwares.