Procedure to update Galaxy S I9000 with Codename Android 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Google Apps Package and Codename Android 4.1.2 Firmware from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place these two zip files in your internal SD Card. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Disconnect the device and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode via the ROM Manager app.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the Codename Android Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once you see the “install from sd card complete” message on screen, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. To check whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the current firmware version.
Note: just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.