Procedure to Update Jellybean 4.2 in Nexus S smartphone:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Nexus S smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and once you have copied the same, you will need to disconnect the device.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the ROM Manager app from PLAY Store, open the same to select “FLASH Clock Work Mod Recovery Image” for flashing the CWM image in the device. It will download the image from Wi Fi / Mobile Internet, so ensure that you have active internet connection.
- Now, once it’s finished, you will be notified about the same and then select “reboot into recovery mode”.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Jellybean 4.2 Firmware package in your deivce. Once selected, it will take around 2 -3 minutes for applying rhe update. Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware update of Jellybean 4.2 in Nexus S smartphone.