Procedure to Update NxtGen Custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy S3 GT I9300:
- Download the latest NxtGen Custom ROM firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the original USB cable and place the zip file in your device’s internal memory.
- Once you have placed the file in your Galaxy S3, disconnect the device from computer and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store. Now, select “reboot into recovery mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device into the recovery mode manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. Now, in the recovery mode you will have to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the data can be cleared in the device.
- Select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device for installing the update. As soon as you apply the update, you will get to see that the firmware update process will be kick started. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see the message “install from sd card complete” at the bottom most part of the screen.
- Please note that it may take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is booted, you then will have to follow the on screen instructions for setting up the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So once the device is booted, you will now need to follow the on screen options for setting up your device. So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this latest Nxt Gen custom ROM firmware for your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Do share with us in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will try to fix the same at the earliest.