Guide to Update Galaxy Y S5360 with ICS Looking Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download USSR V8 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the zip file in your device.
- Once placed, disconnect the phone and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter your Galaxy Y into recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can in Galaxy Y can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the cache data will be cleared.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the USSR V8 Firmware package zip which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will get to see the message “install from sd card complete” and then select “go back” with the help of volume rocker keys and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device ion the normal mode.
Tip: If your Galaxy Y S5360 doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
- To check on whether your device has updated with this firmware or not, head over to “Settings > About Phone” then you will get to see the current firmware version as USSR V8 2.3.6 Firmware.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.