Procedure to Root Galaxy S2 on XXLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Odin and XXLSJ Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the firmware package and open the Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S2 so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extraction. Once selected, click on “Start” the process of Rooting. Once the rooting process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that it might take few moments of time for rebooting the device and may take longer time than expected to show up the home screen.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Also, if it’s rooted, you then will have to download and install the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your device with the latest