Features of Codec ROM Nexus 4 Styled:
- Rooted (CF SuperSU 0.97)
- Call Record
- No SMS In Logs
- Disabled Scrolling Cache
- Extended Power Menu
- Aroma Installer (Custom Install) – Updated Aroma Installer to 2.56
- Modded Camera
- Build Prop Tweaks
- Faster GPS Fix
- 761mb rom
- 15 Toggles (Choice)
- Silent Camera
- Disabled Increasing Ringtone In Phone
- Ad Blocking
- Removed Multiple Tones (low battery, usb connection etc)
- Centered clock on statusbar or stock
- Full GPU Acceleration in UI
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Nexus 4 Loaded Apps Firmware Update:
- Download the Nexus 4 Styled Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device and open the ROM Manager app in your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can also be entered with the below mentioned manual step.
- Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode in your Galaxy S3.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Now, select “install zip from SD Card” to find for all the zip files present in your Galaxy S3 device, select the placed Codec ROM LG Nexus 4 Custom ROM Firmware package to initiate the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will get to see the message of “install from sd card complete”. Now, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for booting the device as it’s the first time the device will be booting after applying the update. If you get any force close errors you will have to select options Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” in the recovery mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will be more than happy to help you out. Congratulations, you have now successfully learnt on how you can easily apply the latest update of LG Nexus 4 styled codec ROM firmware in your device.