Procedure to Update Galaxy SL I9003 with Frankenstain Firmware:
- Download the Frankenstain Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip package in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn Off the phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store and select the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery”. Once it’s done, select “reboot into recovery mode” so that the device gets into the recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your I9003 into the recovery mode by Holding the volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache so that all the cache data is wiped off. Once it’s done, select “install zip from sd card” and then select the Frankenstain Firmware Zip Package which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and once it’s done, you will get to see the language selection screen and then just follow the on screen instructions to get to the home screen and enjoy the device on this latest firmware. You can check whether the firmware is updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware details will be mentioned.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the then battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.