For now, keep checking the list below (updated daily) as soon as we get the information from the sources on the devices which are going to get the next big version of Android OS.
The Galaxy Nexus won’t get Android 4.4 as quoted by Google, because it has crossed the 18 month window period, while the later devices such as the Nexus 7, Nexus 10 would be getting the Android 4.4 update soon. The Nexus 5 which was launched today, would be coming with the 4.4 out of the box.
Samsung Phones to get Android 4.4 UpdateFor now, there is an internal Samsung Knox document which was leaked, and which showed a few devices which are going to get the Android 4.4 update, and the document actually showed the devices which would get the Samsung Knox in the coming update. The devices are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – Update Rolling out in UK, India
- Samsung Galaxy Mega (no confirmation whether the 5.8, 6.3 or both)
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 & Tab 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
* A report from SamMobile has now suggested that the Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy Ace 3, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Fame, Galaxy Ace 2, and the Galaxy Fresh are the devices which they are testing the new OS version on, so it would be a possibility for these devices to run the Android 4.4 KitKat, not very soon though.
Sony Phones to get Android 4.4 UpdateSony has officially updated the list of the Android phones in the Xperia range which are going to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update, and these mostly include the recent high-end smartphones. The exact dates are not mentioned, but here are the smartphones which would receive the KitKat update sooner or later.
- Sony Xperia Z1
- Sony Xperia Z
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- Sony Xperia ZL
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z
- Sony Xperia SP (the official website has listed KitKat in the future updates of the smartphone)
HTC Phones to get Android 4.4 UpdateThe HTC One Max is to be announced very soon, and that should be anyways getting the update after the launch, but the devices which are expected to get the Android 4.4 KitKat update after its launch, includes HTC One.
Update: HTC has officially named a few devices on its Twitter account, and these are the smartphones which would be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat update.
HTC One (Verizon Wireless) – end of Jan 2014
HTC Droid DNA – around the end of Quarter 1, 2014 after the approval from the carrier
The other phones where the update is still expected, but with no official update from HTC, include:
- HTC One – Update to US rolled out, Canada coming soon
- HTC One X+
- HTC One X
- New Desire series phones launched in 2013
- HTC Droid DNA
- HTC J
- HTC Butterfly
LG Phones to get Android 4.4 UpdateWe did hear that the LG Optimus G Pro might be receiving the update a little later, but the LG G2, latest flagship smartphone from the company is sure to get the KitKat version of Android very soon after the launch.
- LG G2
- LG Nexus 4
- LG Optimus L7, L5, L3
- LG Optimus G
- LG Optimus G Pro
- LG Optimus VU
Micromax Phones to get Android 4.4 UpdateThere is a new rumored list of Micromax Android phones which are going to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update, but this is not an official list from the company itself. Check whether you own one of these devices, which could be getting the KitKat version of Android sooner or later. This is through a photo uploaded by MMXNewscaster, one of the sources which leaks the information about Micromax phones.
- Micromax A110 Canvas 2
- Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus
- Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle
- Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2
- Micromax A116 Canvas HD
- Micromax A116i Canvas HD
- Micromax A117 Canvas Magnus
- Micromax A200 (Rumored Canvas smartphone)
- Micromax A210 Canvas 4
- Micromax A240 Canvas Doodle 2
- Micromax A250 Canvas Turbo
Note: Do comment which Android phone you own, and we will be letting you know whether the KitKat update would be coming to that device or not.