- Download Odin and XXUGND1 Android firmware package (Alternate Link) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the firmwares in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer using the original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns Blue which indicates that all the drivers have been installed in the computer.
- Now, in Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked.
- Click on “AP” to choose the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware file. Once the tar file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Please note that the whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once done, you now need to wait to see “PASS” in Odin.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to head over to the path Settings > More > About Phone where the current version of firmware will be mentioned as XXUGND1.
- If you get to see the Google Apps crashed, you need to enter the device in the recovery mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the recovery Mode. In recovery mode, select “Clear Cache/ Wipe Data” options to clear the cache and wipe the data.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the firmware of XXUGND1 in your Galaxy S3 device. Very soon we will also be coming out with the detailed guide which will help you root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares.