- Download the Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer using the original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns Blue which indicates that all the drivers have been installed in the computer.
- Now, in Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked.
- Click on “AP” to choose the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware file. Once the tar file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Please note that the whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once done, you now need to wait to see “PASS” in Odin.
- If Google Apps gets crashed after installing, you need to turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Recovery Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Clear Cache/ Wipe Data” options to clear the cache and wipe the data. As soon as the device gets rebooted, you can then head over to the Settings > More to check out the current version details in About Phone section where it will be mentioned as XXUGNB6 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.