- Download appropriating CF Root package from below mentioned list along with Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to enter your Galaxy S5 in download mode.
SM-G900H (International Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.zip
SM-G900M (Middle and South America?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteub-smg900m.zip
SM-G900R4 (US Cellular): CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip
SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip
SM-G900P (Sprint): CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip
SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS): CF-Auto-Root-kltemetropcs-kltemetropcs-smg900t1.zip
SM-G900W8 (Canada): CF-Auto-Root-kltecan-kltevl-smg900w8.zip
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. In Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the CF Root Package and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device. In some cases it may taken even longer time than expected. Once rooted, the device will be rebooted on its own and then it will install all the apps again.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting by following the above instructions from the start.
Note: Just in case if your Samsung Galaxy S5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will be more than happy to help you out.