Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to extract the odin in your computer and firmware package in your device.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. In Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Once done, click on “PDA” / “AP” depending upon the Odin version to choose the firmware tar file which you got after extraction and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the tablet will be rebooting on its own and will install all the apps.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the latest version of firmware update in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon be coming out with the process which will help you root the device so that you can then install custom ROM firmwares.