Omni ROM Android custom ROM firmware is one of the most used custom
ROM firmware by all Galaxy S3 users. So for all those who want to
experience the best of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware can now make use of
this custom ROM firmware as it comes lots of new features. This
firmware comes with many bug fixes along with the additional
customizations which even allows you to play with different boot
screens. So after checking out the detailed list of quick pre
requisites, we will be checking out on what are the instructions with
which you can apply this Omni ROM in your device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S3 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Don’t make use of KIES for backing the data up as it may not help you detect the device as this being the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Let’s head over to the detailed guide which will empower you to update your Galaxy S3 with this latest update.
Procedure to update Galaxy S3 with OmniROM Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware Update:
- Download Omni ROM Custom ROM Firmware Zip and Google Apps from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place this zip file in your Galaxy S3.
- Disconnect the device from computer and check on whether your device is rooted or not which can be checked with the help of Root Checker app. You can download Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned 2 steps.
- You need to root the device so as to continue. Once done, you now need to download the “ROM Manager” app from Google PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your Galaxy S3.
- Once custom recovery image is installed successfully, open the ROM manager app to enter the device in recovery mode.
- Alternatively, recovery mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone by selecting the options like “Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache”.
- Once done, you now need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device and then followed by the Google Apps Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the firmware is update or not, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to update with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.