- Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Recovery Mode. If your Galaxy S2 I9100 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode. You can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, you need to clear and wipe the data present in your phone by selecting the options like “Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache” options.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the firmware is update or not, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Android smartphone.