- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware package for Galaxy S4 mini from here to your computer along with the Odin. Once downloaded, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 mini so that it can then be entered in the Download Mode. To get your device in the download mode, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both buttons, switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the download mode.
- If your phone boots up in the normal mode, you need to again turn off the device and re try the process of entering the device in the download mode.
- Assuming Odin is opened in your computer, connect your phone in Download mode to computer with the help of original USB cable. Once you connect, you will note that ID:COM section will turn yellow/ green indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the Firmware file which you got after extracting and click on “Start” to start the process of updating. It will take around a minute for updating the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest update of Jellybean 4.2.2 in your tablet which can be checked from the path “Settings > More > About Phone”. In coming days, we will also be checking out on what are the custom ROM firmwares based on Jellybean 4.2.2 and Kitkat 4.4.2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issue.