Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI5 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download Odin and Jellybean XXDLI5 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once its done, you need to extract the Firmware zip file and Odin.
- Open Odin executable file in your computer and turn off your Galaxy S3 device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5”. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Make sure that the re partition option is not ticked. . Please be informed that the device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device. To check on whether the firmware is applied successfully or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it will be shown as Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.