For all the users who are having the Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 based adrenaline custom ROM firmware. Unfortunately, there will be no updates by SAMSUNG for this phone anymore, so if you are expecting an ICS or a jellybean update then you will have to make use of custom ROM firmwares. To help understand you better, we have summed up a list of features, quick pre requisites along with a detailed procedure and screen captures on how this firmware looks like.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Features of Adrenaline Firmware:
- Stock XWKT7 CWM Flashable Zip
- Full deodexed
- ULTRA Lite [ Only 81mb ROM Size ! ]
- Superb Smooth and Speedy Compared To Other Stock Rom Based Custom ROM [ Bloatware Free ]
- Best Battery Life Compared To Other Stock Based Custom Rom
- Filesystem Are In EXT4 Format [ Best System Performance ]
- Disabled Journaling /system /data /cache In Default [ High Speed ]
- CF-Root b84 ex [ Overclock-able ]
- Full BLN support [ BLN Control Free Version Included In Addons Section ]
- DT A2sd Applied
- Touchwiz30 Transparent Statusbar Mod
- Smooth Scrolling Enabled
- Crt Animation Enabled
- ICS Transition Animations Enabled
- Ads Free
- Better Touchscreen Sensitivity
- Adrenaline™ CPU Control + Adrenaline Boost™ Included
- Control your CPU a breeze | Adrenaline CPU Control
- Boost your system performance | Adrenaline Boost
Procedure to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Adrenaline Firmware:
- Download the XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place the zip file in your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the Galaxy GIO S5660 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode. Additionally, you can also enter the Galaxy GIO in the recovery mode from the ROM Manager app.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM firmware Package which you have placed in the phone.
- Once the device is updated, you will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. You can check whether the device has been updated or not from the path ”Settings > About phone” where the current firmware version will be shown as XWKT7 Adrenaline firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the firmware of Adrenaline based XWKT7 in your Galaxy GIO S5660. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.