his custom ROM firmware is based on the latest XXLPU firmware which comes with one of the stable Modem and smooth UI.
- Download the Simplistic Custom ROM Firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer using the Original USB cable and place these two zip files in your computer.
- Now, you can enter the device into the recovery mode by two ways, one is by ROM Manager app and other method is by manual method. For manual method, turn off your Galaxy S2 and hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Up next, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Simplistic Custom ROM firmware Package & Google Apps package which you have placed in your Galaxy S2.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the device is updated, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” and select “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Be informed that for the first reboot, it will take longer time than expected which may take even more than a minute.
- To check on whether the device has successfully been updated or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version”.