Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with ICS XWLPX Firmware:
- Download XWLPX Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files preferably to the desktop. Now, turn off the computer so that it can be then entered in the download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM Section will turn Yellow.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” and select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware update package. After selecting the PDA file, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the device is updated successfully, the device will be restarted. As soon as you see the home screen or language preference setting options, you can then disconnect the device and turn Off the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing out all the cache data present in your device. Once it’s done, select “reboot system now”. As soon as the device is rebooted, you can check the same whether the firmware update has been applied or not from the path “Settings > About phone > Firmware version” where it will be mentioned as XWLPX.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.