Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI1 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update
- Download XXBLG8 ICS Firmware Package and XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware package from here to your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your phone and disconnect the device.
- Now, turn off the phone so that it can be entered in the recovery Mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S III GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then select the XXBLG8 ICS Firmware Package and XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware package which you have placed in your device in the same manner. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying the same.
- Please note that initially it will take more than 4 -5 minutes for turning the device ON and will get stuck on the S Logo for a while. Just in case if you are getting the force close errors, turn off your phone and enter the same in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing all the data which is creating the force close errors.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest update of Jellybean in your S3 which you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone”.