Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download XXDLI7 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device’s memory card.
- Disconnect the device once the file is copied in the computer and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S III GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the placed XXDLI7 Firmware Package. Once the file selection is over, the firmware will be applied within 10 minutes, you can see the progress of firmware update with the help of a progress bar.
- As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, you will have to select “Go Back” to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung Galaxy S III refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
- If you get any force close errors, then turn off the device and enter the device in the recovery mode to select the options of clear cache and wipe data as it will clear out all the cache data which are responsible for force close errors.
To check now on whether the firmware has been updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” and see whether it reads XXDLI7 firmware version 4.1.1 or not. Do let us know if you come across any issues in the process of applying the firmware update. So there you go, you have now successfully upgraded your Galaxy S3 with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.