Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 I9305 with XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update:
- Download the XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package + Odin from here to your computer. Once done, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the download mode.
- Connect your phone in the download mode to the computer while keeping Odin opened. Once you connect, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select “TAR File” which you got after extracting the firmware file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically indicating that the firmware has been updated successfully.
- Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device and head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will be able to see the firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware XXBMA3.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.