Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Avatar ROM Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download the Avatar ROM Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place this zip file in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered either with the help of “ROM Manager” app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Recovery mode in your Galaxy Device can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.