Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GTI9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place the zip file in the internal memory of your S2.
- Disconnect the device so that your phone can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered either by ROM Manager or with the help of below mentioned manual method which we have mentioned below.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” in the recovery mode to choose the zip file which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update and as soon as it’s updated successfully, you will need to then make sure to follow all the on screen instructions. Once you see the message as “install from sd card completed”, select “go back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Once updated, you can now restore all the data which you have created a backup of all the data. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.