Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with C-RoM Mix v5.0 Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware:
- Download the C-RoM Mix 4.2.1 firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S GT I9000 to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file into the sd card. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the sub folders.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode via the ROM Manager app.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the C-RoM Mix v5.0 firmware Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once you see the “install from sd card complete” message on screen, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the C-RoM Mix v5.0 firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully learnt to update your Galaxy S with C-RoM Mix v5.0 firmware, in the coming days to come we will come with new custom Jellybean 4.2 firmwares for Galaxy S devices.