Procedure to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 phone with Resurrection Remix Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware package & Add-On Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and place this zip file in your device along with the Add-On Package.
- After placing the files in your device, download the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store. Now, all you need to do is to disconnect the device from computer and enter your Galaxy S2 in the recovery mode. You can either enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM manager app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware and then the Add-On Package. Once the firmware is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will see the message as “install from sd card completed” and then all you need to do is to just select “go back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check whether the firmware is updated or not, check from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix firmware. Very soon we will be coming up with an article which will help you to upgrade with the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware version for Galaxy S II.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest. So, there you go, you have successfully updated your device with the latest firmware.