Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to our computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files in your computer and then turn Off your Galaxy Note 3 so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- After turning off the device, you need to press Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter Galaxy Note 3 in the Download Mode. If device enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Open Odin tool which was extracted in the initial step to connect the device with the computer using original USB cable. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue/ Green/ Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. Please note that it will take around 2 -3 minutes for applying the update.
- Click on “AP” / “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware tar file to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Make sure to check options “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time.” Check “Re-Partition” option in Odin only if you selected the .pit file.
- Once clicked on “Start”, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for updating the device. Once the firmware is updated, device will be rebooted. Please note that it may take a while for device to reboot as it’s the firmware time device will be booted since the firmware update.
- Check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” to check the firmware version which should read as XXUEND6 Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 3 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.