Revolutionary Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware for Galaxy S3 is finally here and for all those users who are having the Galaxy S3 smartphone can now update with this latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. This new update comes with tons of new features which are otherwise there in the Galaxy S5 smartphone. While Samsung is still keeping its mum on by when there will be an official firmware update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for Galaxy S3, this one is one of the most stable kitkat 4.4.2 android firmware. After checking out on what are the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, we will be checking out on what is the procedure with which you can apply this firmware update.
Note: This update should only be applied to the Galaxy S3 I9300 Android phone and not to any other Galaxy S3 variants as it may even brick the device.
- All S5 UI sounds
- All S5 ringtones
- All S5 Alarms
- All S5 notification sounds
- S5 boot animation(true)
- S5 boot sounds
- New S5 default wallpaper
- Complete S5 UI
- True S5 UI icons
- S5 status bar
- S5 framework(updated)
- Slightly faster
- Android Secure wiped while wiping /data
- Re-enabled ink effect
- More S5 icons(in launcher)
- S5 download UIProcedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Check on whether your device is rooted or not. With the help of “Root Checker” app, you can check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you need to root the device with the help of below mentioned step;
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Zip package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- In recovery mode, select Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache” to clear the data and wipe the cache present in your phone.
- Once the data is cleared, select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device and then followed by the Google Apps Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware update of KITKAT 4.4.2 in your Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.