Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Update:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store. Just in case if you are unable to enter the device in the Recovery Mode, you will need to enter the device in the recovery mode manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package” which you have placed in your device and with the help of Volume buttons and Power button, select the same.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will read the message as “install from sd card completed”, now select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If by any chance you come across with any issues related to phone not booting or device getting into the Boot Loop Mode, then you will need to re follow the above mentioned instructions to apply the update.
So, there you go you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.