Tutorial to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files preferably to the desktop to a folder. Now, open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smartphone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100G can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S2 I9100G smartphone with the computer using the original USB cable. In Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- In Odin, click on “PDA” and select the .tar file which you get after the extraction of the firmware zip file. Ignore the .dll file.
- Now, once you have selected the tar file in the PDA Section, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update process.
- Once the firmware is updated, your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smartphone will be restarting automatically. Now, all you need to do is to just ensure that you are not disconnecting the device till you see the country selector / home screen in your device.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated to the latest version or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to update your device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.