Tutorial to Update Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of the zip files to the desktop preferably.
- Now, all you need to do is to just turn off your Galaxy ACE 2 so that it can be entered in the Download mode. Download mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy ACE 2 smartphone with the computer using the original USB cable. In Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- In Odin, click respective tabs to choose the corresponding files. Ignore the .dll file.
In-PIT select the file GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit
In-PDA select the file CODE_I8160XXMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar
In-CSC select the file CSC_OXA_I8160OXAMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar
- Once selected, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware update process is completed, you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Till you see the Language selection / Country Selector option, don’t disconnect the device from computer. It may take longer time than expected for the device to reboot as it’s the first reboot after the upgrade.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated to the latest version or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2” firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
XXMB2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware has been successfully installed in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues in the process of firmware update.