Tutorial to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSD Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of the zip files to the desktop preferably.
- Now, all you need to do is to just turn off your Galaxy SII so that it can be entered in the Download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S2 smartphone with the computer using the original USB cable. In Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- In Odin, click on “PDA” and select the .tar file which you get after the extraction of the firmware zip file. Ignore the .dll file.
- Once selected, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware update process is completed, you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Till you see the Language selection / Country Selector option, don’t disconnect the device from computer. It may take longer time than expected for the device to reboot as it’s the first reboot after the upgrade.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated to the latest version or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the latest XWLSD Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in your device. Do keep us posted in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.