Procedure to Update Galaxy S Advance with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Firmware Update:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer and then extract the same preferably to a folder on desktop. Now, open odin in your computer and then turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” so that all the data will get cleared from the device.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got upon extraction of firmware package. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted. Please note that whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Don’t pull Off the battery in the process of firmware update.
- To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, you will need to go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean XXLQ4 4.1.2 firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.