Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy Nexus with Stock Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Galaxy Nexus with Stock Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the internal memory of your device.
- Once placed the file, you need to open the Command prompt in your computer to enter the command as mentioned below,
Adb reboot bootloader
- Now, press Volume Up button to see the option of “Recovery Mode” and then press the power button to enter into the same. Alternatively, you can also enter your Nexus in the recovery mode by pressing the “Volume Up + Volume Down” button simultaneously and keeping holding these two buttons you need to press the power button. Ensure that you will have to turn off the device before performing the manual step of entering into recovery.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “install zip from sd card”> “choose zip from internal sd card” to select the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package which you have placed in your device. Once the firmware is applied successfully, you will then get to see a message “install from sd card complete”. So, once the firmware is updated successfully select “go back” and choose the option of reboot system now.
- To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Very soon we will be coming out with a new article which will help you to update with the latest Jellybean 4.2 version of firmware. Stay tuned to Android Advices.