Procedure to Update Jellybam 4.2 Update in GALAXY S2 GT I9100:
- Download the Jellybam 4.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Once you have placed the file, disconnect the device and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode alternatively via the ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” to select the zip file of Jellybam which you have placed in your device’s SD Card. Once the file is selected, you now need to wait for the zip file to get processed in the device. As soon as you see the message of “installing from sd card completed” at the bottom of the screen, you now need select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. To check on whether the update has been successfully applied or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.